Monday, April 21, 2008

The Young Indian Jones

Oh River Phoenix, why did tho have to leave us so prematurely? I remember you in Stand By Me, and Indiana Jones. I remember all of the posters in the girls lockers at school. Ok, so I never was a huge fan of River Phoenix, but he was very talented, and I really loved quite a few of his movies. Of course though I was always jealous of all the girls that were so in love with him. And poor me with my Coke bottle glasses, was left with out a girlfriend. Did I blame River, well sometimes, but I also blamed The New Kids on the Block too. I was having a conversation with a friend today and she did not know who River Phoenix was. So googled him and came up with the Wikipedia article on him. I had forgotten how many good movies he was in, and how young he had died. 23! I mean when I was 23 I was having a good time, young, married and in love, going to school, just having an all around blast. What a tragedy to throw that all away. What could have been for River? The world will never know. Rest in peace River Jude Bottom.

1 comment:

Rae Snyder said...

I know who your friend is.



Ps. Now that I am commenting on your posts? Are you commenting on mine?? no. I will give you another chance.
http://michigoregon.blogspot.com/